Winter Driving Safety
Safety should be your top priority every time you get behind the wheel. Seems obvious, right? Many people, however, neglect to address some crucial safety precautions when it comes to winter driving.
It’s cold, the roads are icy, and snowfall hits in a moments notice. Make sure your car is fully equipped for the inevitable winter weather still ahead to keep your family as safe as possible with every ride.
Did you know there are tires specifically built to help you safely cruise through the winter months?
What’s the difference? Winter tires provide enhanced:
- Flexibility - the soft rubber compound remains flexible even in freezing temperatures, leading to better handling
- Traction - a different tread pattern featuring wider grooves allow for better traction on icy and snowy roads
- Handling - these aforementioned attributes lead to overall better handling for a safer ride in the winter
Winter blades are specifically made to be effective and last through harsh winter conditions. What’s the difference? Winter wipers are:
- Stronger - thicker than standard wipers and thus carry more weight and keep the windshield clear
- Longer lasting - feature tear-resistant rubber components that make them more durable to withstand freezing cold temperature
Make sure you are accounting for all elements this winter to ensure the safest driving possible for you and your family. Now that you have a handle on the situation and things have cleared up for you, visit your local Chevy dealer today to get your winter tires and wipers installed.